What You Are

The sweet tender moments we have when one cheers up the other.
The pure joy we experience when we laugh together. 
The love we know that is there. 
Feelings of happiness and glee originates from you.

But at the same time…

There’s a chasm in between us, you’re there and I’m here 
You can give me what I need, but I don’t know what to give you. 
I can only reach out and grab the air even if you’re in front of me. 
Feelings of contempt and despair lingers after you leave.

Two polar opposites are felt at the same time. 
Both happiness and sadness take the comfort in my heart. 
Two things that seem to be contradictory, 
Existing together at once causing chaos and confusion. 
Feels as if time and space should have been ripped open. 
And yet I’m still here living and breathing.

That’s what this is. 
That’s what I am. 
A paradox.

Comments

Most Popular