A Chance is Good Enough for Me



I might be wrong;
I might not be…
It doesn’t matter anymore
Because…
I’m doing my best;
I’m doing what I can;
I’m trying really hard.

The feelings in my heart,
The confliction,
The confusion,
The hopelessness,
All of it weigh down on me,
But even so…
I won’t give up.

You know the saying,
“Negativity outweighs Positivity,”?
It’s wrong.
Only because with all of this negativity in me
About doing wrong and being wrong
I still have this glimmer of light in me.

This knowledge of a chance;
A sliver of a percentage;
The roulette of a spin;
Gives me unimaginable hope
Which lifts me up so high.
So despite the fact that I can be so wrong,
I won’t give up on getting to that place.
The place where I would spend the rest of my life.
In Heaven.


~*~
Originally Published: August 10, 2015

Comments

Most Popular