Surprise!

He tore the letter away from my hand. What could have been so important that he would do that? I narrowed my eyes at him, and he ducked his head, nervously laughing. I was about to say something, but he clapped his hand together and raised them. “Sorry, but can you wait awhile before I tell you what this is?”

I simply nodded. I didn’t even have to ask for him to tell me to wait. I crossed my arms at him. “Fine, but it better not be something bad.”

His eyes widened. “What? No! No, it’s not. It’s nothing bad. It’s just… I can’t tell you… yet.” He shuffled nervously. I could tell that he didn’t want to keep this a secret. He never likes to hold anything from me. Even if he did something to wrong me he would tell me, and though I don’t always react in the best way, I’m still grateful that he’s honest, but he’s usually never this secretive unless it’s something big, and if it’s not bad then.

I thought about it for a second. The significant events that were coming up but all of them were months away. The closest event was my birthday but that was in three months. I looked at him again, and he tensed up. “Is this for my birthday?” He was surprised, but still gave a small nod. The urge to know grew inside of me, and I was becoming excited.

He saw my excitement and smiled. He sighed. “It was only a matter of time before you found out what I was doing. But can you wait until we’re closer to your birthday? I know how impatient you can be and now I’m dreading the days where you’ll just ask me time on end.”

“Can’t you give me a little hint?” I teased, and he simply chuckled while shaking his head. I was widely grinning at him. I seriously love this man.

“Hey.” He took a gentle hold of my arm. “I love you, you know. So please be patient.” He smiled his smile, and I just melted.

“Okay.” I nodded before closing the distance between us. “I’ll try to be.”

“Thank you.” He kissed my forehead then left me to go to our study. I really wanted to know now, but I have to wait for him until he’s ready to tell me. I sighed as I watch him disappear into the room.

Comments

Most Popular