That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

“You know the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you’re drunk?”

“Yeah, that one. I feel like that, but without the drunkenness.”

“It just feels good.”

“Did something happen today? You could say that.”

“I’m not going to tell you.”

“Not even if you beg.”

“Fine.”

“The most amazing thing happened today—”

“Why am I telling you? You already know.”

“Fine.”

“I finally asked the person I like out.”

“And you know what they said?”

“They said yes.”

“Yeah, I know. Good for me, but… nothing.”

“It’s just that I don’t know what might happen. It can be good or bad.”

“Just let it happen? I like the sound of that. Much less stressful than thinking about it.”

“So what’s up with you?”

“The person you like asked you out? Quite a coincidence don’tchu think?”

“Really? You think this happened on purpose? I guess you’re right.”

“Hey, what are you thinking of right now?

“You feel like the luckiest person in the world? That’s funny ‘cause, that’s what I’m thinking about too.”

“It’s getting late, so I’m guessing I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow at eight, gotcha. Aren’t we the luckiest?”

“Goodnight.”

“Don’t let the bed bugs bite.”

“Alright. Alright. I’m going to sleep.”

“Sweet dreams.”


~*~
Originally Published: March 27, 2016

Comments

Most Popular