Remember Me?



He brought his face closer to mine while I didn’t budge. The beam of light shooting towards the sky right next to us lit his face, showing off his attractive features. He pressed his lips together, and he looked into my eyes with remorse but also with affection. He slowly breathed in before speaking, “How will I know that it’s you?”

His voice was soft and uncertain. I took a step back and faced towards the light. I couldn’t face him when he was like this, so I looked down to the ground. “You won’t…” When I told him, I really just didn’t want to face him.

“Then—” He spoke out to me, but I knew what he was going to say.

I shook my head, cutting him in the process. “I tried telling you how I felt, but you didn’t respond well.” He became quiet, like I knew he would.

But he had something else to say. “Then make me remember.” I knew he was being hopeful again. I just don’t know how he’s able to keep it up.“Do the same things you did this time except for… y’know…” He didn’t want to say it. I gave him a sheepish smile, knowing what exactly what he meant, and also still feeling bad about what I did.

I faced him, and I saw the look in his eyes. He hated that he would forget all about me, and I did too, always have. I simply shook my head. “I don’t think that would work…”

My voice was tired and stressed as I said that, and he began to know why it is. “Because you don’t want to go through the same exact thing again…” He completely understood me, and I nodded.

“I try to mix things up…” I said to him with a smile, and he grinned in response. The both of us stared at each other, before I turned to the side to look at the pillar of light. I lifted my hand and saw that the energy from it was being pulled into the sky. Time was going to be up.I faced him again and saw that he never lifted his gaze off of me. I smiled at him. “I guess it’s time.” Time for everything to restart again.

After I said that I was pulled into him. He was gritting his teeth as he looked at me in the eyes. I knew he regretted what he did when I told him everything, and it was too late to change anything. I continued to look at him then I became shocked. Tears were welling up in his eyes. I really does regret doing it. I used thumb to wipe the falling tear, and as I was pulling my hand away, he clasped it with his own. The light was getting brighter and bigger by the second.

He brought his own face closer to mine while I didn’t budge.The beam of light shooting towards the sky right next to us was slowly creeping up on us as our faces were hovering in front of each other. I knew what he wanted to do. He used his free hand to caress my cheek before move his lips closer to mine. Before our lips could touch, the light engulfed us, breaking his hold on me. One step forward and two steps back.

I awoke up on the ground, looking up to see squirts, staring at me with curiosity. I sat up, and they began to run away. I closed my eyes,and the scene played in my head, fresh as it had just happened. The almost kiss. I pounded the ground in front of me. One step forward, and two steps back.

Comments

Most Popular